The annual New York Comic Con is now less than 22 days away, and I will be there live and in person at the Javits Center for the entire convention weekend. I will be journaling my adventures for you here on Gamenomics & Comicology, but it’s already the perfect time to start following what has become one of the world’s biggest comic conventions. Yesterday afternoon, NYCC unveiled its full panel schedule. In anticipation, let’s take a look at some of the awesome main attractions that have been announced.
The following attractions have been announced through the official NYCC press releases:
– Never-before-seen footage of Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’ will be screened at a panel hosted by Producer Kevin Feige, Chris Evans (who played Captain America), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson), and Cobie Smulders (Agent Hill).
– A charity art auction will be held to benefit the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, auctioneered by Steve Borock of Hero Initiative.
– Adam West and Burt Ward, of the 1960’s television show ‘Batman,’ will autograph and be on panel as Spotlight Guests.
– Marvel will be represented by CCO Joe Quesada and Editor-in-Chief Alex Alonso, Kieron Gillen, Jonathan Hickman, Rick Remender, Esad Ribic, Dan Slott, Steve McNiven, Jason Aaron, Matt Fraction, Stuart Immonen, and more.
– DC Entertainment will be represented by CCO Geoff Johns and Co-publisher Jim Lee, Mahmud Asrar, Brian Azzarello, Greg Capulo, Cliff Chiang, Tony Daniel, Dan DiDio, Keith Giffen, Paul Levitz, Francis Manapul, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Prado, Amy Reeder, Ivan Reis, Ardian Syaf, Scott Snyder, Peter Tomasi, and more.
– Andrew Lincoln and the cast of AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ will join the show’s Executive Producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Ann Hurd, and Glenn Mazzara on panel.
– The New York Anime Festival will now be a co-sponsored event with the New York Comic Con.
– Cartoon Network and Adult Swim will host a variety of panels.
– Ben Folds Five will perform as part of their 2012 Reunion Tour for the opening night concert.
– Warner Bros. will present panels and signings for their television shows ‘Person of Interest,’ ‘Arrow’ (based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow), ‘666 Park Avenue,’ and ‘The Following.’
– SCIENCE will host the ‘Firefly’ Tenth Anniversary event Browncoats Unite.
– Peter Davidson, the fifth actor to portray Doctor Who, will be a guest at the convention.
– Author Anne Rice will make her first NYCC appearance.
– -Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes of ‘Jay and Silent Bob’ will be on panel for the IGN Theater.
– MTV and M. Night Shyamalan will be guests of NYCC.
– Further guests include comic book writer, playwright, author, and screenwriter Grant Morrison (‘Action Comics,’ ‘Batman, Inc.,’ ‘Happy!’) and director and comic book writer Guillermo del Toro (‘Hellboy,’ ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’).
In addition (for those of you as enamored with Gamenomics as you are Comicology), NYCC promises “VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY TO HAVE MAJOR PRESENCE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON.”
Some passes are still on sale at the official NYCC website, so hurry up and snag them while you can. In the meantime, keep it tuned to G&C to follow my adventures leading up to—and during—New York Comic Con!